This is a draft English translation of an essay written in Japanese by Mr. Naoya Fujiwara, a Japanese economist and chairman of Aeruba, Inc. (former Fujiwara Office, Inc.) The English translation was performed by amanojuku, who is the owner of this website.
National Vision of a Newborn Japan
Construction of a Society Based on Great Collaboration
A Nation-Building wherein Difference is the Source of Strength
September 24, 2005
Naoya Fujiwara, Economist
Fujiwara Office, Inc. (*1)
Note by the translator:
(*1) The corporate name “Fujiwara Office, Inc.” was changed to “Aeruba, Inc.” on May 20, 2014.
(Table of Contents)
- Chapter 1 The reality confronting Japan at the beginning of the 21st century
- Chapter 2 What is a society without social- and environmental crises like?
- Chapter 3 LOHAS
- Chapter 4 The characteristics of a society based on Great Collaboration
- (1) A longing for coexistence
- (2) Coexistence with all kinds of life
- (3) Change in the view of life and death
- (4) Relativization of reason
- (5) Feeling, rather than believing
- (6) The importance of enjoying
- (7) Blossoming of one’s potentials
- (8) Why is LOHAS fun?
- (9) LOHAS enables people to take pride in themselves
- (10) Difference is what matters
- (11) Difference is the source of strength
- (12) Restoration of the sense of right and wrong
- (13) Boundless expanse of the industry base
- (14) Economics will be rewritten
- (15) How is value created?
- (16) From calculation of self-interest to the sense of right and wrong
- (17) Why did economics of socialism fail?
- (18) Business administration, not economics
- (19) Business administration of the 21st century
- (20) The age of goyotashi business management
- (21) From selecting to “tailoring”
- (22) Goyotashi economy has already taken off
- (23) A new education system
- (24) Trial and error as well as appropriate stimuli
- (25) The image of a school in the 21st century
- (26) The political system in the 21st century
- (27) What will become of the Japanese manufacturing industry?
- Chapter 5 How should reform and nation-building be carried out?
- Chapter 6 Developing the infrastructure of the Great Collaboration society
- (1) The key points of infrastructure development
- (2) Ten-year Plan for Restoring the Japanese Archipelago
- (3) New “Discover Japan” ― Ten-year Plan for Establishing a Tourism-oriented Country
- (4) Start with Soil ― Ten-year Plan for Rebuilding the Economies of Individuals
- (5) The strength of being able to go unemployed without worry
- (6) The need to establish a new investment bank
- (7) What is an investment bank?
- (8) Does Japan have the funds?
- (9) Clash with the old regime
- (10) A time when artists play an active role
- Chapter 7 The golden 21st century
To table of contents (Japanese) / 目次（日本語）へ
The original essay in Japanese can be found on the website of Aeruba, Inc. (http://aeruba.co.jp/):